Professional landscape design is a thing of beauty. If you are a keen gardener who is proud of all the lovely flowers, shrubs and other plants in their garden you might not be looking forward to going on holidays. Designing your own garden is beautiful, but require someone to work in them pruning, weeding, watering and planting to look their best.
So if you are planning that overseas holiday or trip around Australia, what will happen to the garden while you are away? You cannot depend on rain to water it, but even if you have automatic irrigation installed, things can go wrong. The sensors may not work or the pipes might get blocked up. Then your beautiful garden will shrivel up and be brown and bare when you get home. All that work done for nothing!
You may live in a climate where rainfall is plenty, or you may have good neighbours to look after the watering for you. But there is still weeding and pruning to be done. You might even have annuals or perennials waiting for you to plant them out. It’s almost enough to make you cancel those holiday plans and spend time in the garden instead.
But before you do that, consider having professional landscaping done on a regular basis while you are away. In fact, this is a good idea even when you are home as it will give you a better chance to relax or take up that hobby you never have time for. Your landscape design could even improve with professionals on hand to care for it or even add to it.
Backyards, secured and private, and spacious are standard in Australian neighbour hoods. Australians use their backyards for all types of relaxation and recreation. Private means unable to be seen by prying eyes of passers-by and sticky-beak neighbours. There are many different styles of fencing from which to choose. Securing your backyard can be done without costing a fortune regardless of what material or design you choose. Listed below are a few options available for residential fencing and that will give you privacy and security at the same time.
These type of fences work as physical barriers between the outside world and your backyard. You need to check with your local council and your neighbour when planning height, cost and material. The usually acceptable height for backyard boundary fences is 1.8 metres. As well as being legally correct it’s also about the right height to obstruct visual and physical access. The front fence is a different matter altogether. You have a large range of designs and materials to consider that can create a personalised appearance. As there are no limits, you can even have a fence custom built to suit an individual taste. While most residential privacy fences come in wood, there are many other materials to be found as well. A popular alternative is metallic decorative strips that suit garden fencing.
If you are wondering whether to put in a pool or not, it may be because you are not sure whether it will be worth it. Concrete swimming pools last a long time so there are many years for the pool to get substantial use, especially if you have children and a pool cleaner. Here are some of the ways in which you can use your pool to ensure you get the best value from it.
- It is usually the children who use the pool most. They’ll run home on a hot summer day and jump straight in. Swimming and playing in the pool is an excellent way for kids to get healthy. They will lose weight as they exercise in the pool. They can swim laps and when they take swimming as a sport it will really help them to come first in races if they can practice at home every day.
- When the children are old enough, you can host their birthday parties beside the pool. Pool parties make it really easy to entertain the kids. A few pool toys will help them have great fun. The food and drink can all be set up outside and this keeps your home much cleaner.
- You can also entertain guests poolside. Install a barbeque and entertainment area, deck chairs and a table and you are ready to go. Guests can swim or not as it pleases them.
When you run a small business you will come across any number of standard business contracts that are essential to the day to day running of your small business. Most commercial lawyers like Rowe Bristol, that you would find on a lawyer’s list, know that in general, many of these are actually unfair to the small business because they are not drafted in favour of the larger companies that offer them.
Many standard form contracts have not been at all fair to the small business. Up until now, there was not much you could do about it, except try to have a clause put in that covered your liability, but the other party didn’t have to agree to it, so it was either sign up or lose the deal. However, that has just changed, so you don’t have to suffer under any unfair contracts any more.
However, just so that things don’t swing the other way and become unfair to those who offer the contract, unfair terms must be examined in a court of law to ensure they are truly unfair and will cause the small business undue financial or other kind of hardship if not removed. It must also be proven that removing them will not adversely affect the other company.
This particular law was passed in November 2016, even though there was another similar law in place since 2010. This particular law was passed to protect the interests of small business where standard contracts are concerned. This applies to both new contracts and renewed ones. If any contract is varied after the 12th November 2016, the law also applies to that.
If you are looking to shade your home or garden, it would be very frustrating to have one installed only to find the shade is cast in a different place from where you wanted it, or that it didn’t throw enough shade. If you’ve ever been to a park or other public place where shade sails have been erected, yet found there was very little or no shade, you may wonder if they really work.
Part of the problem is that you may have been there at a time when the sun was in a different position than the one chosen to give shade. For instance, early morning shade will be missing if the angle of the sail was set to provide shade at midday or later in the afternoon. This is why you need to give some thought as to exactly what you want your sail to do.
If a sail is to throw shade onto the walls of the house, the angle of it will need to be different from one that is to provide shade on the ground at noon. The shape of the sail must also be taken into consideration. In addition, you’ll need to ensure the sail is stretched in the right way to avoid wind shear and prevent water or wind-blown debris from sitting in the middle and weighing it down.
If you are tired of the 9-5 routine you may have considered setting up your own business, there are many work from home opportunities available these days and it can be quite easy to set up something to bring in an income when you use the computer and internet. But if you like being more hands on, you might prefer something else, such as landscaping.
So what do you need to be successful in this area?
- A love of working outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine.
- A reasonable amount of muscle, since you will be doing a certain amount of lifting and other hard physical work.
- A knowledge of plants and designing skills so your work is amazing.
- A friendly disposition so your clients feel they want to hire you. And so you can get them to tell you exactly what they want and you can suggest even better solutions.
- The ability to work machinery. This depends on whether you choose small jobs or want to get into the larger landscaping of schools grounds, hospitals and other organisations.
- Handyman skills so you can offer additional work such as concreting pathways, building retaining walls, fencing, installing a swimming pool or adding a gazebo. Unless you outsource that work, which will make it more expensive for the client.
- The ability to work for yourself. You may think that sounds easy, but if you are not disciplined about showing up when you are supposed to and working a full day, your business will not be successful.
When the US PGA, 2017 finished, everyone focused on the game the winners played, rather than the turf. The winner was an American golfer, Justin Thomas. The golf course was the famous Quail Hollow, and for those who don’t think watching golf on TV is like watching paint dry, they would have seen the way the course was prepared for a major championship. The pros of golf like Australia’s Jason Day, Adam Scott and John Senden play on the best courses.
When it comes to golf, the pros know their turf. And if you are talking about golf turf, then golf course superintendents аrе рrоѕ аt mаnаgіng golf turf. It’s their job to know their grasses. What are the best types for toughness and durability and grasses that make a golf course look so beautiful?
The job of maintaining the course is the responsibility of the course superintendent. They make sure it gets fertilised, watered, mowed and shaped so that the result is great looking greens and fairways. To be honest, a great golf course, properly maintained, helps even the golf hackers to improve their scores. Golf course designers and superintendents understand that there is the need a variety of different turfs to create the best surface for a particular part of the course. Taking care to choose the best kind of turf will ensure the golf course becomes a popular one.
According to dental experts Candlewood Dental Centre, teeth whitening is gaining in popularity because people realise that they look a lot nicer with teeth that are white, as against stained or yellowish teeth. We all want to look attractive and having whiter teeth is one way to do it. However, it is a good idea to find out all you can about your teeth and the methods of whitening that are on the market.
Without this information, you can actually damage your teeth and gums quite badly without even improving the colour.
- Firstly, there are two kinds of discoloration in teeth. Natural aging which is where the dentin – not the enamel – goes darker. Since the body renews itself in many ways as we age, so new dentin forms, but it is darker than the previous dentin and makes the teeth look more yellow because the enamel is thinner than it used to be and the colour of the dentin can be seen through it.
- Most people don’t realise the products containing bleach or peroxide used to whiten the teeth work on the dentin, not the enamel. The product soaks in through the enamel to cause a whitening effect that shines out through the enamel. This is referred to as intrinsic discolouration and whitening. Dentin cannot be whitened through using whitening toothpaste or by the cleaning of a dental hygienist.
Financial planners such as Andep, would tell you that a plan for your retirement is an essential part of any financial planning. For a start, as we age, our health often deteriorates so we need to have the finances to cope with the additional expenses of medical treatment or a stay in the hospital. A financial advisor can help you plan for your retirement in the best way possible and the sooner this plan is implemented, the better it will be.
Of course, retirement planning is not all about health. There are many wonderful things you can do once you no longer have to work all day. Retirement gives people the chance to follow a dream they had no time to devote to when they worked. They might want to travel, have luxury holidays, start up a craft or sport, or purchase a property in the country or on the beach to retire to.
It is also necessary to plan for health aids or health care for when you get more frail or have major health problems. Being able to purchase a mobility scooter can help you remain independent and have fun outside even if you can’t walk well. You may need to put in a ramp or add a lift to your home so you don’t have to move, but can stay in it for longer if it is a home or location that you love. It could be that you need to pay for home help such as cleaning and laundry as you get older.
There are many different kinds of website and not all have the best website design. For many, it doesn’t even matter because they just want a way to get their story out onto the world wide web. But for a business website the design is extremely important. You need to have a clear goal for your website and have it designed so it succeeds in doing whatever your goal is; selling products or services, offering valuable information to gain an email address or simply advertising your offline business to the local area.
Ease of use
The best website design will include many of the latest technologies and trends to keep customers safer when using it and to ensure that traffic flows to and through it, easily finding what they want. It should integrate many elements seamlessly so that potential customers not only find what they want, but have no trouble – or hesitation – in purchasing it.
One thing everybody who goes online wants is to achieve their goal in the fastest possible time. Busy people may only have a few minutes to find out or get what they want online. They use their iPhone to access the internet while travelling to work or standing in the checkout queue of their local supermarket. If they can get to your website and purchase what they want in that time, then they will deal with you again, knowing that your website was one of the easiest and best to use.
Business people who talk about Google Adwords marketing know that it is a way to increase their profits exponentially if done properly. But often, businesses don’t spend enough on advertising to make a profit. That’s not to say you have to spend thousands, although larger businesses can and often do. But when you are starting a new business, this kind of budget is rarely available. That doesn’t mean to say adwords marketing is out of your reach; it just means you need to set your budget properly.
If you are starting to feel a bit confused, here are 3 tips to simplify things.
- You can get started for as little as $25 per week
- Google adwords can be as simple or as complex as you like. Keep it simple if you are new to it.
- Have patience. Don’t quit too soon, but watch your spend carefully.
When you start your adwords campaign you’ll have many blanks to fill in on the adwords forms. The main ones are your daily spend, the target audience, and writing your ad. The adwords website makes it all quite easy to fill in with automatic infill in some cases.
When setting your budget you have to work backwards from the profit per sale to the conversion rate cost and the cut you give to Google. But setting a low daily budget will ensure the ad is not shown after the limit is reached, so it can never ‘accidentally’ cost you more.
DIY renovations can save money and give a great deal of satisfaction to those who love working with their hands. Whether you love working with timber, painting, or simply planning it all out, the working out when electrical contractors and other trades should come and fitting the other pieces together like a jigsaw puzzle, doing home renovations is what makes life worthwhile for many people.
If you are into home renovations and improvements it is essential to know what is legal for you to do and what is not, when council permission is needed and what all those other rules and regulations are. No one likes red tape, but it is a fact of life and ignoring it can be costly. Here are some ways to avoid any problems with your renovations.
- Cost out the job. If it is going to cost more than $3,300 you will need council permission.
- Work with the council in finding out what is needed in your state as the rules and regulations vary by state.
- Make sure you don’t do work that needs a licensed professional, such as an electrician or residential plumber, even if it looks simple.
- Make sure all your tradies are fully licensed and have insurance.
- Have your plans are approved by council and get the necessary inspections as the work progresses, even if it means a delay waiting for the building inspector to come.
- Don’t attempt to do work you are not qualified for or skilled enough to do. It may seem like it’s going to save money, but in the long run problems can pop up and can be more costly to fix.
If you are considering upgrading the landscaping around your home or commercial building limestone blocks are a good choice for many elements. Limestone is a durable material that is beautiful in its own right. It is strong enough to withstand being out in the weather all the time so is ideal for seating that does not have to be brought inside overnight to protect it from the weather.
There are many other ways to use limestone as part of your landscaping:-
- Retaining walls. Most blocks that are on a slope will require retaining walls to ensure the soil does not wash away in a storm. But retaining walls can also be used as a garden edging where it needs to be that bit higher than a normal edging. Knee high or even hip high walls are often used to contain plants on a sloping piece of ground. Retaining walls can be used as a feature to enhance the garden or lawn.
- If you have created a beautiful outdoor area for alfresco meals or entertaining, a wall of limestone can be used as a windbreak, for privacy or to throw some shade onto the area. This can be the ideal finish for your outdoor area to make it pop. It can take what looks a bit plain and convert it to something that is really different and pleasing.
If you are a victim of violence and the police become involved, they can make an immediate Violence Restraining Order (VRO) against the person who hurt you. This is called a Police Order and will be in effect for 72 hours, long enough for you to make your own application for a permanent VRO. Competent lawyers such as PCLB Criminal Lawyers can help you to make the application and give you a great deal of legal advice about your rights and the rights of the other person involved.
The Police Orders will prevent the person from coming near you and the places where you work and live. The police will also remove any weapons from the offender and may arrest and charge the offender. If the person is released on bail, the bail conditions that are set will also prevent the person from coming near you.
The two types of restraining orders are the VRO and a Misconduct Restraining Order (MRO) which is the chosen order when the persons involved are not in a domestic or family relationship – that is, anyone you are not related to by birth, a de facto relationship or marriage.
When you run a business, things don’t always go according to plan. Instead of the plain sailing you expected, suddenly there are shareholder disputes to settle. If you are the director you have certain obligations and the first one is the consult with a commercial lawyer such as Summers Legal to ensure you take the right road to recover. If you don’t, it is possible to lose the business altogether.
The first thing to be done is to negotiate with the other parties to try and resolve the conflict. If this doesn’t work it can be taken to mediation where a neutral party helps to facilitate the discussion so that the parties can hopefully, resolve the conflict. The mediator has no say in how the parties resolve it or in seeing that the resolution is a fair one.
Where failure to resolve once again occurs the matter then must go to arbitration. The only trouble with this is that the decision for how the resolution should come about is taken out of the director’s hands and even the shareholders will have no say. Very often the company must be wound up and everyone loses out. While the resolution is enforced legally and the judge considers his decision to be the fairest for all concerned, very often the parties are still left unsatisfied with how things were worked out.
A lovely landscape design not only adds value to your property, it can transform your outdoor area into a beautiful place to sit and enjoy Mother Nature’s bounty. Most homeowners don’t have the training that professional landscapers have undergone, so their attempts at landscaping fall far short of what is possible. The result is they don’t get the best out of their block of ground and the value of the home is less than it could be.
Even if your block is not as large as you would like, there are many lovely garden designs that can make it look larger or in many other ways enhance your enjoyment of life. If you are lucky enough to have a large block, proper landscaping can really enhance your space and provide an outdoor area that is totally amazing.
A good garden design can –
- Create small, private pockets that delight your heart
- Give privacy from the roadway, public path, or the neighbours
- Create a windbreak that enables more delicate flowers to grow well
- Offer shade in an otherwise hot area
- Provide a delightful, safe and shady spot for the children to play
- Cover up an eyesore such as an old shed or fence or wall that is not on your own property
- Lead you into other areas of the garden
- Create a peaceful oasis in a busy cityscape
- Provide an aesthetically pleasing area to entertain or to relax and enjoy some down time
- Add value to your property
- Make your property stand apart from others
- Give your home street appeal.
Consent Orders document the agreements reached between two parties who have separated and/or divorced regarding the division of property, spousal maintenance and parenting arrangements for the children. According to Robertson Hayles a family law firm will very likely have been involved in the process, although some couples can reach agreement on their own or through counselling and mediation services.
If a former couple have reached such an agreement and decided to leave it as an informal arrangement with no Consent Orders, there is the risk that one will not keep to the agreement, changing it to suit themselves in the future. The other party will have no legal recourse to ensure that the agreement is kept. That is why it is in everyone’s best interests to have the agreement legally verified with Consent Orders.
When an agreement is documented in Consent Orders it becomes a legally binding and enforceable agreement that cannot be changed unless both parties agree to it in a court. A property settlement agreement is also binding if it is documented in a Binding Financial Agreement (BFA). However, parenting agreements can only be documented in Consent Orders.
To do this you have to apply for Consent Orders and have the court approve the agreement you have reached with your ex-partner or ex-spouse. The court will only agree to them if it decides the agreement is fair and equitable for the property division and in the best interests of the child, for the parenting arrangements.
Setting up your own small business may be a dream come true, but if you don’t want it to turn into a nightmare, it is essential to get the right kind of advice and guidance. There are many professionals who can help you from web designers and general internet business consultants, but talking with a good Perth Wills Lawyer should always be one of the first steps. In fact, it is a good idea to keep on with the same lawyers all the time so they become familiar with you and your business and can advise you quickly whenever you need it.
Apart from solicitors, who else can help you in business? Setting up a business can be a complex undertaking and you should never fly solo unless you intend to be a sole trader; even then you’ll likely need an accountant. Here is a list of people you are likely to need for advice and help.
- Accountants – apart from lawyers, an accountant is the next most important person to have guiding your business. Having an accountant to do your books will save you time and many headaches. An accountant can also advise you on many financial issues from whether your business can afford to expand through to legally paying the least amount of tax possible.
- Insurance advisors – having a professional insurance advisor – one who doesn’t work for any specific company – will enable you to protect your business from many risks, even those that you haven’t thought about. They can tell you just how much insurance you need as well as what kind.
Property maintenance is more important than you may realise. When it comes to the look of a commercial property it is essential that everything is in pristine condition if you expect customers to come. If anything about the property looks neglected or run-down, potential customers will be turned off, because (a) they will think your business is run the same way as your premises look and (b) they simply don’t want to go into a building that does not look welcoming.
Statistics don’t lie
It has been proven statistically that people flock to a public or commercial area that is attractive and pleasant to be in, while they avoid those places that look neglected or ugly. This is because our surroundings affect our mood just as much as being with happy people makes us feel happier too.
So if there is no one to do your property maintenance properly, it will soon become run down and begin to look unattractive. You will then lose customers. The trouble is that when you hire staff it is to help run the business, not to do repairs on the building and make it look nice. So you actually have to hire help to do this, because your own time is taken up in running the business – as it should be.
When it comes to modern kitchen design there are several elements that may easily be missing in older kitchens, or in those flat-pack kitchens that are popular with many builders. To truly enjoy working in the kitchen you need to have one that is more than just functional. Hotel kitchens are functional; that doesn’t mean they have all the elements a modern kitchen should have.
In fact, many kitchens, commercial or not, are poorly designed. They may not have good lighting, or the food preparation area may not be located conveniently to the sink or the stove. While they still work and the person who does the cooking gets used to the inconvenience, they could be much better.
Inconvenience in a kitchen is not only annoying and frustrating; it is also tiring. If you have to continually walk from one end of the kitchen to the other to get what you want it takes longer to prepare the meal. If you have to dodge doors that open into your standing or walk space, it can cause bruises when you bump into them.
So what are the elements of modern kitchen design?
- A work space that is properly designed so the above problems are addressed.
- Lighting that gives you spot lights for preparation rather than dark corners or working in your own shadow.
- Plenty of storage in the correct places so that everything you need is right to hand. Many housewives dream of a walk-in pantry or storage area for those things that are not used every day.
- Enough bench space to prepare meals so cooking for a larger family or entertaining is not difficult.
- A pleasant look and feel. If you love colour and your kitchen is plain white or grey, you may hate being in it, no matter how functional it is.
Statistics show that the use of Botox Injections has increased exponentially over the last few years, making it the most popular treatment available to remove wrinkles. While it has other medical uses it is best known as a wrinkle treatment and many famous people owe their youthful looks to it. But why is it so popular? There are many reasons.
- The truth is that women have always wanted to look young and beautiful with smooth skin that is wrinkle free. Having Botox injections are one way to achieve this, as it is used to treat those wrinkles known as frown lines and crow’s feet.
- Very often, women need to look as young as possible to keep their jobs or to get a promotion. Sadly, the men responsible feel that a younger woman will do a better job – plus they like to be surrounded by youth and beauty
- When women have jobs that keep them in the public eye a lot, they feel that removing wrinkles will make them more successful. This is partly due to the fact that wrinkles can make you look annoyed or grumpy even when you are not. This is simply bad for business.
- Many women like to copy their idols on television, who use Botox to look younger.
- Botox injections don’t take up a lot of time when compared to having a facelift. So a busy woman can fit them into her schedule without a lot of effort. Surgery for a facelift would take much longer, requiring a stay in hospital.
- You don’t need to have anaesthetic with Botox injections. A topical anaesthetic cream may be used, but usually the injections just feel like a tiny pin prick. Since there can be side effects to even anaesthetic, doing without it is a plus.
- Botox actually works! Many treatments to remove wrinkles don’t really work, especially if it is an over the counter product. They may make your skin feel tight for a while, but the wrinkles are still there, especially after you wash that cream off.
- Botox lasts for a long time. Usually it is between 4-6 months which many women consider to be good, considering the small time it takes for treatment.
We have all heard that there are some children who slip through the cracks when it comes to childcare and education. These are children that somehow get through highschool without even having learned how to read and can hardly write their own name. As adults, they will find it difficult to gain employment, do their tax, understand or fill out forms and even do the grocery shopping.
Most mothers who want to give their child the best child care, try to ensure hope their child leaves school well-educated, but what can they do about it if their primary age child is simply not coping at school? There are many factors that mix and mingle to cause children to have trouble learning basic skills such as reading, writing and simple maths. Bullying, changing schools often, dyslexia, illness, days missed for other reasons and so on.
If you don’t think these are affecting your child, or if you have worked with the teacher to see what can be done but their grades are still not very high, it could be time for a bolder approach. Not all children are suited to the kind of learning environment that is by necessity used in public primary schools. In many, the class numbers are large and cater to the middle learners. Slow and very fast learners will both have problems in this environment.
Home handymen might think making a cabinet is an easy project. All you need is a few pieces of timber, some nails and screws, a tape measure and square. But professional cabinet makers such Colray Cabinets would tell you it is not as easy as you may think. First you have to think about the style of your kitchen cabinets.
For instance, do you want modern, contemporary or some other kind of style? Unless you know what style you are going to build you will not be able to purchase the right materials. Then again, once you settle on the style you want, will it actually look good in your kitchen, or will it stand out like a sore toe? You will need to be sure the cabinet suits the other components in your kitchen.
Getting the measurements right can pose another problem. You might measure the gap where that cabinet is to go only to find after the cabinet is built that the top measurement differs from the bottom one for some reason. Maybe the floor is not perfectly level or perhaps your fingers slipped when you took the measurement.
You will need to decide whether the cabinet should be a built-in, or if you will make it out in the shed and simply slot it into place when it’s finished – if it fits. Then you’ll need to fill in the gap between it and the wall if you don’t want it to fill with dust and things that fell off the back of the cupboard. And there are the gaps on both sides to deal with.
Growing plants in pots on a balcony is even more difficult than having them on a veranda or in the back yard. Why? On the balcony there is very little else to catch the eye, so if the garden pots are not beautiful, or if the plants in them look jaded, it will be really noticeable and the pretty display you were aiming for simply won’t materialise.
So the best pots for balconies are those that both look really attractive and have several other elements that help the plant to grow well. Pots with thicker walls offer a bit of insulation from the heat that many balconies suffer from. They are also heavier so can withstand winds that are often much more forceful on a high rise balcony than at ground level. However, they should not be too heavy as balconies usually have a maximum weight load owners must adhere to for safety.
Drain and stain
Pots for balconies should also have a saucer underneath or be designed so that excess water won’t run out the bottom and stain the cement on the balcony. Dirty water can drip off your balcony and fall or blow onto the one below. Not a good way to be friends with the neighbours. Pots should be chosen to suit the growth habits of the plant in them. If the plant is going to grow really tall, the pot needs to be larger and heavy enough to prevent the whole lot blowing over.
Many couples think of a Binding Financial Agreement (BFA) as a pre-nup, but it is much more than just that. Usually drawn up by a family lawyer such as Robinson Family Lawyers, a BFA can be entered into at any stage of a relationship; before, during or after a marriage or de-facto relationship is entered into. If you were wondering what benefits such an agreement has, here are some of them.
- When a BFA is drawn up when a couple are still happy, either before or during a relationship, it is highly likely to contain elements that are reasonable and agreeable to both parties. So if the relationship then fails, there is no need for either party to worry about whether it is fair or just.
- People these days often go through more than one relationship. It can give a previously divorced person peace of mind that they won’t lose everything should another relationship failure occur.
- Although a BFA can be made at any time, making one before or during a relationship is less stressful than making one after a breakup.
- It can reassure the more financially stable party that their partner is not just marrying them for their money.
- A BFA can be used to lay down ground rules about finances during a relationship. It can specify who will pay specific bills and who will be responsible for certain debts, as well as defining how much and where money should be spent.
- It is much more cost effective to have a BFA drawn up beforehand than to go to court for settlement afterwards.
These days it is the trend for windows to be large enough to let in that warming sun throughout the winter. Larger windows also increase the natural light in a room and allow you to enjoy the view from the privacy of your home, but are they carpet friendly? Most people don’t realise that large windows without the right window coverings can actually ruin your carpet. But Brilliance Carpet Cleaning Perth know that sunlight can fade the carpet just the same as it can fade the curtains.
These days we have rubber backed curtains or blinds that don’t fade to protect the curtains, but we often don’t think about the floor, except that there is a nice warm patch of sunlight on it for the toddler to play in. Unfortunately, that nice warm patch is gradually getting lighter in colour. Even carpet that is already a light colour can fade due to sunlight.
How can you stop that from happening? There are several options, depending on the location of the window and style of your home: –
- Draw the blinds or curtains during the time the sun pours in the window. This will mostly be winter mornings or afternoons, depending on the orientation of the house, so it doesn’t mean you never get to look out the window.
- Grow a shrubby bush outside the window for shade.
- Put up a window awning – might be your next home improvement DIY project?
Many travellers without family commitments go to Bali with their friends, looking forward to enjoying the nightlife and entertainment, of which there is plenty. They love to party at a different club each night – or several in one night – only returning to their villas in the wee hours of the morning. Some of the best venues to find music and dancing are in the southern regions of Bali at places like Kuta, Legian, Seminyak and Butik.
Here is a list of popular places to party the night away if you are so inclined: –
- The 61 Legian Entertainment Complex holds 8 clubs and pubs with Sky Club on the roof being a popular choice for many tourists. You can dance the night away, but you will need sustenance and this can be found up on the Sky Club’s rooftop garden lounge with an all you can eat buffet for just 50,000 Rupiahs and free beer that keeps tourists and others coming back.
- A legendary hotspot that schoolies seem to love is Bounty Ship or Bounty Discotheque as it is also known. A disco and dance floor will keep you swaying while the bar and restaurant will ensure you don’t go hungry or thirsty.
- If you are into chic dining with a Middle Eastern restaurant on the top floor and a nightclub underneath go to Jenj in Seminyak. The bar is in the nightclub and serves cocktails and booze.
Many people have botox procedures to get rid of those frown lines or crow’s feet on their face. Some have them as a preventative rather than a cure. Botox works by preventing the nerve from communicating with the muscles in your face, so if your brain tells the muscle to contract, it won’t be able to. This will prevent a wrinkle from forming to start with and thus, your face will stay looking smooth and young.
Once you have the injections, your doctor will remind you of certain things you should or should not do for a while to ensure you get the best result. This will have been discussed beforehand and you very likely will have a sheet of instructions. But it is easy to forget, especially if you feel stressed out by the procedure. In fact, it is a very simple procedure which is one reason why it is so popular, but the first time may make you feel stressed.
So here are some skin care tips to remember for after the Botox injections.
When you decide to add a patio to your home you will need to make certain decisions such as where to put it and what to use it for. You will also need to decide on the style. While styles for may be limited due to the simplicity of the structure, the roof will be what sets it off and adds to the look of your home. There are at least 6 different roof styles for patios.
- The flat roof. As the name suggests, this roof is entirely flat. This makes it ideal for a carport when added to the side of the home. However, it may not suit the front of the home so well, unless your house also has a flat roof.
- The gable roof. This is a pitched section in the middle with a flat part at each side. A pitched roof gives a bit more air space to keep things cooler and adds interest to the look.
- A curved roof patio is similar to the gable, only instead of two sides rising to form a peak in the middle, that section has a graceful curve that can really suit the contemporary home.
- A gazebo style hip patio roof is somewhat more sophisticated and much more interesting, with the hip part in the centre extending out past the edges of the structure. It is supported by an extra leg, so if an uninterrupted view is important, you might want to choose another option.
- The heritage gable patio roof is not flat anywhere. Instead, it sloped from the centre down to each side and a sloping extension at the front extend to the whole length of the patio, making it more of a square than a rectangle. Ideal for those who want a larger patio.
If you own or manage some sort of commercial or large residential building, you may find yourself responsible for making sure that it is cleaned properly and regularly. Although many people decide to take up this cleaning responsibility themselves, it is usually a good idea to hire a professional commercial cleaner.
Professional cleaners are usually very good at what they do – especially if you choose one with a decent reputation – and they will generally be able to get things done much quicker than you would if you did it yourself. Some of the benefits of using a commercial cleaner, instead of doing it yourself, include:
You Will Have More Time To Spend On Other Things
Imagine if you had three or four extra hours per week to spend on the things that you want to. Over the course of a year, three extra hours per week would come to almost seven full days of time – more than enough to learn a new skill or to get a whole lot accomplished!
Employing a commercial cleaner can help you free up this time. If you currently clean your own building, the chances are that you spend at least three hours per week doing so – probably more. Stop wasting your time, and employ someone else to do your dirty work for you – you will thank yourself later!