A lovely landscape design not only adds value to your property, it can transform your outdoor area into a beautiful place to sit and enjoy Mother Nature’s bounty. Most homeowners don’t have the training that professional landscapers have undergone, so their attempts at landscaping fall far short of what is possible. The result is they don’t get the best out of their block of ground and the value of the home is less than it could be.
Even if your block is not as large as you would like, there are many lovely garden designs that can make it look larger or in many other ways enhance your enjoyment of life. If you are lucky enough to have a large block, proper landscaping can really enhance your space and provide an outdoor area that is totally amazing.
A good garden design can –
- Create small, private pockets that delight your heart
- Give privacy from the roadway, public path, or the neighbours
- Create a windbreak that enables more delicate flowers to grow well
- Offer shade in an otherwise hot area
- Provide a delightful, safe and shady spot for the children to play
- Cover up an eyesore such as an old shed or fence or wall that is not on your own property
- Lead you into other areas of the garden
- Create a peaceful oasis in a busy cityscape
- Provide an aesthetically pleasing area to entertain or to relax and enjoy some down time
- Add value to your property
- Make your property stand apart from others
- Give your home street appeal.
If you are one of those people who have been satisfied with a narrow front garden along the fence or a shrub in the middle of the lawn, consider how your lifestyle will improve with the addition of some proper landscaping. It will absolutely transform the look and feel of your home to have some really outstanding garden features included in your property.
If you are into healthy vegetables you might even want to grow your own. Your vegetable garden can be a raised garden bed or an area towards the back of the property. Or you might want to show it off and have it closer to the back door where access is quick and easy.
You might also consider hedging, a water feature of some kind, a dedicated playground for the children, a whimsical statue or an elegant urn, topiary shrubs, a garden bench, an outdoor entertainment area with a fire pit and comfortable seating and many other kinds of garden features. Don’t just stop at one, but have fun transforming your garden area into a magical place you and your family can really enjoy.