Many young people come to Bali for their honeymoon – some even get married in Bali. If you come to this beautiful tropical island for your romantic getaway, you will need to know what to do and where to stay. One of the best places to stay in is a villa because it affords you all the privacy you need. Bali villas can be private and romantic often with a pool right outside – or perhaps inside. Having a villa to stay in gives you lots more space and privacy.
Once you’ve settled your accommodation you will need to organise a few romantic places to go and things to see. Here are just some suggestions to enhance your Bali honeymoon.
- Dine in a cave at a private beach. This can be arranged at Samabe, with a chef to cook your 5-course meal and wait staff to bring it to you in a cave especially set up with dining for two. While you eat you can watch the sunset over the ocean from the cave. The address is Jl Pura Barong – Barong Sawangan, Nusa Dua Seletan 80363, Bali, Indonesia and bookings are required in advance.
- Take photos at the magical gold marigold fields at Desa Beloc. Driving from Bedugul to Kintamani will get you there. The marigold fields are on the side of the road and the photos you take do not incur any fee.
- Angelita Patisserie, Kuta is another romantic spot to enjoy a snack or a main meal with the French decor and pastel furnishings making the experience truly romantic for those who love comfort and sweets. Comfy cushioned chairs to relax in while you eat make all the difference.
- Swim at a hidden beach where there is no one else. Gunung Payung Beach in Nusa Dua is one such beach where you can wander along collecting shells, lie in the sand together or enjoy a cool dip on a hot day. Or if you are up for something different try walking on the black sand at Amed Beach. Yet another beach experience is to see the bats in the many caves at Green Bowl Beach. If you are there at dusk they’ll all come flying out to feed – on insects.
- Chocolate! What can be more romantic than giving a gift of chocolate? Perhaps making some together at The Pod Chocolate Factory, near the Sangeh Monkey Forest. You’ll also be able to harvest, crush and roast cacao, a main ingredient. You might like to hug their mascot, a black bear who loves being hugged.
There are many nightclubs and entertainment spots to go to in Bali as well, but these few activities are a little different and enhance your romantic getaway subliminally.