If you are wondering whether to put in a pool or not, it may be because you are not sure whether it will be worth it. Concrete swimming pools last a long time so there are many years for the pool to get substantial use, especially if you have children and a kreepy krauly pool cleaner. Here are some of the ways in which you can use your pool to ensure you get the best value from it.
- It is usually the children who use the pool most. They’ll run home on a hot summer day and jump straight in. Swimming and playing in the pool is an excellent way for kids to get healthy. They will lose weight as they exercise in the pool. They can swim laps and when they take swimming as a sport it will really help them to come first in races if they can practice at home every day.
- When the children are old enough, you can host their birthday parties beside the pool. Pool parties make it really easy to entertain the kids. A few pool toys will help them have great fun. The food and drink can all be set up outside and this keeps your home much cleaner.
- You can also entertain guests poolside. Install a barbeque and entertainment area, deck chairs and a table and you are ready to go. Guests can swim or not as it pleases them.
- As the kids get older, they can bring their friends to the pool. It will keep them off the street and you’ll know where they are. You can meet their friends when you bring drinks and nibbles down for them.
- Poolside hen’s parties are fun. If your friends or their grown up kids are getting married, host the hens party in the evening by the pool in warmer weather.
- A pool can become part of a weight loss plan. Why spend time and money at a gym when you have a pool? Doing laps morning and evening will keep you fit and help you to lose weight.
- A pool can also be used for injury recovery. If you are unlucky enough to have a car accident or need a knee or hip replacement, walking across the pool is one thing that is recommended. The water supports your weight, but provides a little resistance so the injured limb is exercised gently.
- Yours will be a favourite place for the grandkids to visit when you have a pool for them to use. You’ll get to see them and they won’t be bored.
All you need to do now is phone the pool builders and make an appointment for them to come and look at your designated pool area.