Can Police Issue Violence Restraining Orders?

Posted on Posted in Legal Advice

If you are a victim of violence and the police become involved, they can make an immediate Violence Restraining Order (VRO) against the person who hurt you. This is called a Police Order and will be in effect for 72 hours, long enough for you to make your own application for a permanent VRO. Competent lawyers such as PCLB Criminal Lawyers can help you to make the application and give you a great deal of legal advice about your rights and the rights of the other person involved.